So, we’ll look at all the ways to log out of your Google account on Android. Note that in the majority of instructions posted on the network, it is recommended to completely delete your account. We recommend this only in extreme cases. There may be several reasons for logging out of your Google Account:
- the need to check another person’s mail on his device,
- using the phone by several people at the same time,
- selling a device
- smartphone loss.
Remotely order your phone to sign out of your Google Account
Another way to log out of Google’s Android 8 account was developed for those who lost their smartphone and didn’t want personal information to fall into the wrong hands. Some manufacturers have combined this feature with the location of the device. To disable your Google account remotely, you need a computer and any browser installed on it.
To exit the account, follow the instructions:
- Follow the link https://myaccount.google.com/.
- Go to the Security section.
- Select “Your devices”, which will collect all devices (PCs, tablets and smartphones) with an activated Google account.
- Select the device you want to disconnect.
- You can unpin the selected smartphone using the “Disable account access” button.
This method is also good if you temporarily do not want to use the device - you have the opportunity to enter a username and password in order to resume access to your account. We recommend this method if you do not want to delete your Google account. This option is not suitable when preparing a smartphone for sale, since all your applications and files will remain on the device.
Google uses the same account at once for all its services - Play Market, YouTube, Google Docs and others. When you turn on the phone / tablet for the first time, the user will be prompted to log in or create a new account. It is recommended to do this as soon as possible.
To summarize - a Google account is needed for:
Using the phone without an account will be incomplete - you will not be able to download the necessary programs, and also due to technical problems, personal data such as photos will be lost.
How to sign out of Google Drive
Service exit is done manually if you worked on the following devices:
- On the phone (on iPhone, on Android),
- On the computer,
- On a tablet and some other devices.
Exit methods differ significantly.
This function may come in handy if you are going to sell the device or you need to log in with another account. To log out of Google (untie it), follow these steps:
- Go to settings and select “Accounts”.
- A list of accounts attached to the device appears, from which you need to select the one you want - that is, Google.
- A page opens containing personal data and a list of permissions. Here, in the upper right, click on the button in the form of three dots. In the menu that opens, specify the last option - “Delete account.”
- Remember that this action does not delete the account completely, but only breaks its connection with the device. Confirm that you want to do this by clicking on the “Delete Account” button in the window that appears.
Logging Out on Samsung Smartphones
Some manufacturers, including Samsung, release smartphones with their individual characteristics. To log out to the Samsung smartphone account, you should do:
- In the settings, select “Cloud and accounts”.
The second item is “Accounts”.
Specify Google, and then on the next screen at the top go to the options (a button in the form of three dots in the upper right corner).
It is also possible to break Google’s synchronization with a separate application. To do this, in the profile settings, select the item “Sync Settings” and remove the desired checkmarks.
Logging out from a mobile phone (IOS)
Close your profile by selecting the following menu items:
- Google Disk
- An icon in the form of three horizontal stripes (top left),
- A down arrow near your profile,
- Account management
- Delete (opposite to the account to which access should be restricted)
You can set the factory settings, but then all stored information is lost. This method should be resorted to when changing the owner.
Using this system, it is possible to close your account by deleting it. As a more convenient option, you can configure the security system of the device itself (screen lock, guest mode).
This method is the most optimal, since a large number of applications are tied to your Google account and its constant removal will take a lot of time.
To uninstall on android:
- Go to Settings,
- Click Accounts (all used on this device will appear),
- Click google
- Select the name of the account to be deleted,
- Touch the three dots icon (in the upper right corner),
- Go to Delete Account (a window will pop up asking you to confirm the action),
You can also use the factory settings.
How to log out of Google account remotely on all devices
It’s harder to find a button that works like an output on all devices. Such a function is useful when you lose your smartphone or if you entered your mail on someone else’s computer and forgot to exit and are now worried about this. It’s completely unpleasant if you suspect that someone has gained access to your mail.
Open the page with your Gmail (mail.google.com) on any computer and find the gear icon in the upper right, select menu item "Settings":
Going to the settings page, go down to the very bottom, and in the lower right corner there will be a barely noticeable link "Additional Information":
Just clicking on this link will open you access to the button «Exit all other sessions ", you can also find out who used your Gmail email when.
After clicking on this button, you will exit Google account and mail, incl. on all devices.
Change your password, Google will remind you of this:
“All other sessions are closed, but other users will be able to access your mail if they know your password or if it is stored on their computer. To prevent unauthorized access, change the password.»
The standard way to exit your Gmail account on Android
The Android device’s user guide states that you can only completely leave your Google Account by deleting it. If you just need to check your mail, just quit Gmail. To do this, follow the instructions:
- Open the Gmail app on your smartphone.
- Find your avatar in the upper right corner and click on it.
- Select "Add Account" from the list of available options.
- Specify the type of account you want to add. If you are not an Outlook Windows user, then select the Other option.
- Now you just have to follow the prompts on the screen to register a guest account. Then you will need to select it from the list.
This method will not help you completely leave your Google account, but will allow you to check an alternative mailbox.
Radical alternative methods of logging out of your Google account
If none of the listed ways to solve the problem on Android. You can exit your Google Play account using the radical method - deleting it or resetting your smartphone settings. The first method is recommended by the developer himself - for him, in the synchronization item, select your account, then click on the 3 vertical dots on the page with information about it and select the option “Delete account” from the short menu. At the same time, the account will be deleted on your phone, but on other devices you can use its data.
If you have problems with synchronization or you are preparing the phone for sale, it is best to perform a complete reset.
To do this, you must:
- Go to basic settings.
- Select “Restore and reset”.
- In the menu that appears, select "Reset Settings". Please note that user files will be deleted in this case. Pre-save them on a memory card, on the hard drive of your computer or in cloud storage.
- Before deleting the settings, the smartphone will show you what data will be deleted. You just have to confirm your actions.
For devices of older versions, it is necessary to act differently - their item for resetting the settings in the menu may not be available. In this case, a hard reset is required: for it, you need to turn off the device, and then turn it on.
When the first screen saver appears with the logo of the manufacturer of your smartphone (or with the name of the operating system), press the power and volume down keys simultaneously. As soon as Recovery mode opens in front of you, in it you need to select Hard Reset mode and confirm your action.
In Recovery mode, the touch screen does not work - you need to control the volume keys and the power button.
After a factory reset or a hard reset, the device will be completely reset to zero, so immediately after turning it on you will need to enter data from the account - yours or any other. If you select your account, you can restore applications through the Play Market, and then import contacts and other files from the cloud storage. Another account can be configured for a specific user.
Now you know all the ways to exit your account on a smartphone with the Android operating system. Share this article with your friends so that they can also sign out of accounts using the suggested methods. If you still have questions, ask them in the comments.