So that the fight against excess fat does not become a battle with windmills, you should first "get to know the enemy personally." There are several ways to determine the proportion of excess human fat:
- Visually evaluate your figure and draw a conclusion. For example, compare with a world-famous template for a person’s appearance and the proportion of fat in his body.
- Calculate your body mass index, compare it with the indicator you want or recommended by the World Health Organization and make the difference a goal. For example, you are a girl 170 cm tall with a weight of 81 kg. Your BMI is 28, which confirms the presence of excess weight and an indirectly high percentage of body fat. Weight within the normal range from 58 to 69 kg. Choose a target, for example, 64 kg. The final percentage of fat after healthy weight loss is guaranteed to be lower.
- Take fitness testing. Calculating BMI is a quick but not accurate method. In addition, it is not suitable for professional athletes, children, the elderly, pregnant and lactating. Those who want to know the percentage of excess fat per gram and are ready to see the exact result up to one / hundredth, need to undergo fitness testing. After a fairly quick and painless procedure, you will find out your weight, the proportion of muscle tissue, fatty, active cell mass, water and much more.
Some basic principles to help reduce fat:
- No alcohol. This is a very bad habit, and very caloric.
- Remove flour from the diet. If you like to eat sandwiches, replace the regular white loaf with whole grain bread (no more than 1-2 slices per day)
- Get rid of sweets, especially from confectionery. Fruit and sweet vegetables can be a substitute for fat burning.
- It is advisable not to eat fried. Best cooking methods: baking in the oven, steaming and cooking.
- Reduce the proportion of fatty foods. Refrain from lard, chicken skin, fatty meats and fish, fatty sauces and more.
- You need to eat in small portions, but 4-6 times a day. Carbohydrates consume mainly in the morning. In the second half - eat more protein foods and vegetables.
- Drink the required amount of water (women at least 2 liters, men at least 3 liters per day). Tea and coffee are not considered water.
In training for fat burning, one basic rule applies: the heavier the exercises, the more energy will be spent on them, respectively, with proper nutrition, namely a reduced number of calories in the diet, this will lead to the burning of adipose tissue throughout the body. Thus, for fast weight loss, strength training is needed with the addition of cardio sessions of 40-60 minutes in the pulse zone of about 110-140 beats per minute *.
* Please note that this indicator is an average, and you can get more accurate individual recommendations on the pulse at a fitness test or from a personal trainer after a step test.
The fat burning process is a hormonal level process. It is impossible to order hormones to reduce fat in certain places. Therefore, the process of lipolysis (burning fat) is launched throughout the body, including in problem areas.