Fajitos is the national dish of Mexico. A sharp, satisfying, vibrant, fully reflecting the originality of the culture of the descendants of the ancient Aztecs. The basis of fajitos is meat fried over high heat with vegetables. It is served directly in a pan, or wrapped in tortilla corn tortillas. Most often they take beef for fajitos, but you can also cook with chicken, pork and even seafood. When serving, the dish is supplied with traditional Mexican cuisine guacamole and other additives: sour cream, chopped herbs, grated cheese.
Nobody is left hungry after such a treat. Let's make a culinary trip to the country of sombrero, cacti and tequila right in our own kitchen.
Ingredients for Meat Dishes
For the preparation of fajitos:
What ingredients will be required for mexican fajitos?
- 350 g beef tenderloin,
- 2 onions are small,
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 bell pepper red,
- 1 zucchini
- 1 chile
- 1 small eggplant
- 2.5 tbsp. l Worcester sauce
- 1.5 tbsp. l tomato paste / sauce,
- 60 ml of vegetable oil,
- a third of a teaspoon of cumin
- cilantro, salt and pepper.
Recipe for Fajitos
Follow the recommendations, and fajitos will come out like in the homeland - in Mexico!
Ready fajitos will be served right in the pan!
- In turn, lay all vegetables and greens in a colander and rinse. Arrange on a tray to dry from water.
- To remove seeds and partitions from the pod of burning chili - the taste will become softer. You may not do this, but then get ready for the fact that the dish will turn out to be fiery-sharp, which, in general, is what distinguishes true Mexican cuisine.
- Peppers, too, peel and cut into strips. Onions - straws, zucchini and eggplant - in arbitrary pieces.
- Chop or chop finely the garlic.
- Peel the beef tenderloin from the films, wash, dry. Cut into long thin slices.
- Put a cast-iron frying pan on a strong fire. Splash oil. How to heat, pour onion and garlic, fry for 2 minutes, stirring all the time. Attach slices of beef to them and continue to fry on high heat for 6-7 minutes. Put vegetables for meat and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Beef with vegetables should be well browned and grabbed with a crust. After that, pour Worcester sauce to them and put tomato paste (can be replaced with natural juice, twisted tomatoes). Season with salt, cumin. Reduce heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes. At the end, sprinkle with coarsely chopped cilantro.
Mexican fajitos can be enjoyed right in the pan. Next to put tortillas and other additives. Enjoy your meal!
For comparison, you recipe for chicken fajitos. The video is visual and intuitive, despite the language of the host. Sound can generally be turned off - if desired.
- Flank steak Primimb - 1 pcs.
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Sweet pepper of different colors - 2-3 pcs.
- Vegetable oil
- For marinade:
- 1 lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno or chili pepper (peeled from films and seeds)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, including stalks
Fajitos is one of the most famous Mexican dishes that has become popular far beyond Latin America. Fajitos is called so from the word "faja", which means a strip. Exactly, in strips, and cut all the ingredients. The dish is served in a hot pan. Separately, go to it heated wheat tortilla cakes, salsa sauce, guacamole, sour cream.
Everyone chooses the filling and collects his own recipe for fajitos with beef. First he puts the “base” (fried meat and vegetables) on a warm tortilla, and then adds it to his favorite sauces and fresh vegetables. They eat fajitos with beef with their hands very carefully, making sure that the filling does not fall out of the tortilla.
In Texas-Mexican cuisine, the word "fajita" is understood to mean any fried (primarily grilled) and meat cut into strips. In modern cafes, fajitos, as a rule, are served in a hot metal frying pan - and each imposes his own nibbled fragrant pieces on his own. Consumers wrap them in soft corn tortillas in the manner of tacos, add sauces and fresh vegetables.
Theoretically, fajitos can be prepared in various ways, for example, put out. But for an ideal result, it is better to take a good piece of steak (usually taken the so-called “skirt steak” - a thin part of the beef diaphragm) and fry it over an open fire. You will get a very simple but effective dish - a great choice for a picnic or a summer vacation!
Serve greens to fajitos (this salad goes well under the code name "everything from the garden"), a salad of coarsely chopped tomatoes, guacamole, salsa, pico de gallo, chili pepper, lime and other spices of your choice. I will give only one version of the "filling", and you experiment with what you want, especially since all of the above is in the form of recipes on our blog!
Put steak in a bowl and pour it with juice lime (in the original recipe they recommend about 200 ml, but in our conditions you can’t get out, so basically squeezing three limes is enough). Leave to marinate for 15 minutes, periodically turning over.
Prepare a side dish at this time. Cut avocado in small cubes (how to choose an avocado, we wrote), Chile chop finely. Fold in a small bowl, season lime juice and salt taste. Put it on the table.
Pomidors cut into large slices, Red onion - half rings. Chop finely cilantro. Put it all in a bowl and season olive oil, lime juice (optional), salt and pepper.
Steak remove from the marinade and dry it thoroughly. Fry it in a grill pan or on an open fire to the degree of roasting that you like best. In the second case, pay attention: beef steak is not pork shish kebab, beef is not fried on smoldering coals, but directly on a blazing fire, so that a beautiful golden crust forms on the outside, and the meat should remain damp inside. For the same reason, the frying pan must be red-hot.
To better determine the frying, you can use a special thermometer or your own intuition. Read more in the steak recipe.
After removing the meat from the fire, wrap it in foil and let it rest for 5-10 minutes, so that the meat “rests”.
Toast a little too at this time tortillasso that they are warm.
Cut the meat into thin slices, place it on the table along with all other ingredients, as well as slices limesharp pepper - and enjoy! Let everyone take a tortilla himself, wrap beef, vegetables and sauce in it. It is very tasty, believe us. :-)
How to cook Skirt Steak?
Usually the chef knows how the fibers go in the meat, and cuts the fiber. And in this case, it is necessary to cut across the fibers, so that later this piece could be chewed. Fajitos is served in tacos, and if the fiber is not bitten, the meat from the tacos will stretch. This is a typical mistake in the preparation of this dish. For the marinade, you can use any acidic products - for example, pineapple juice or jalopeno juice. Then add the onion, but we do it solely for flavor, and not to soften the meat.
In addition to making fajitos, Skirt steak can be fried by adding beef broth.
Sketch can be pickled in a mixture of sage, thyme, rosemary and olive oil 10 minutes before cooking, grilled to medium rear. When serving, the Skirt steak is cut, served on skewers, you can beautifully wrap and serve whole. Mexican spicy sauces are suitable for the finished Skirt steak. As a side dish, mushroom stew with onions and garlic, fried in olive oil with the addition of wine sauce and cream and blanched vegetables, is well suited. Mini-corn, green peas, carrots and pearl onions quickly warm in butter with the addition of honey, oregano, thyme and teriyaki sauce.